Our eyes, which serve as the vital instrument in taking Lomographs, are often taken for granted. Let’s try to change that, shall we? Let’s celebrate the gift of eyesight together with the Lomo Kikuyu project!
Do you ever wonder what would it be like to live your life in darkness, and then to open your eyes for the first time? I’d imagine it to be quite exhilarating, as all the different colors and all the unique sights enchant your senses. That’s what the Lomo Kikuyu Project is all about.
In celebration of the over 1,000 Kikuyu that have received the gift of sight, we’d like for you guys to submit images that you would show someone who just had his eyes opened for the first time. Would it be an expansive seaside vista, the Statue of Liberty, or a simple mirror, so that they can see themselves for the first time?
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated. Please keep the theme in mind.
- Upload Limit: 1 photo only so make it count!
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags)
We will select 10 winners who will receive:
- “Eye Sight”: A 30 EUR donation in your name to a patient for their cataract surgery, so that they can see.
- 1 x Lomo Kikuyu Book
Read more about the Kikuyu Projects