Ruby on Rails Developer
Lomography is looking for a full-time Ruby on Rails developer to join its team. We take care of quite a big site (2,500,000 monthly visits, 16,000,000 online photos, a magazine of 25,000 articles, … all in 15 languages) as well as our internal tools (sales analytics, newsletter distribution, translations, content management, …).
Lomography is an international company dedicated to creative and experimental photography. We develop, design and distribute an exciting and innovative range of cameras, films, lenses, books and much more.
In this position you will manage the development and maintenance of our projects from start to finish, ensure the code quality of all our existing projects, proactively refactor code that needs improvement and build prototypes for future projects.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails (or other MVC frameworks)
- You know how to write (Ruby) code that is readable, maintainable and well-tested.
- You have experience with databases (especially PostgreSQL)
- Administration of Unix Servers (Ubuntu)
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Git
These desirable skills are not necessarily required but rather nice-to-haves – the most important thing is that you are willing to learn.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- According to collective agreement this position will be paid with a minimum gross salary of EUR 28.154 per year, including social benefits and employee benefit fund deposits. Depending on education, qualifications and work experience, overpayment is of course possible.
- Please note that this job requires EU-citizenship (mind transitional provisions), citizenship in the European Economic Area, Swiss citizenship, or a standing access to the Austrian labour market and make sure to include the relevant information in your application!
Even though this job is posted as a full-time position in our office in Vienna/Austria, we are also open to discuss hours and remote working. Please send us your CV, code samples, reference projects, or your GitHub profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!